Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

my gal is off to london....

there she goes.

i packed her up last night and today took her down to be crated, then shipped to london. her big day isn’t ‘till mid feburary ....but they have to take pictures and do research for the write up in the catalogue.

one thing i have to say....sotheby’s is one of the most professional companies i have ever dealt with. i am small potatoes compared to much of the work they sell....yet they made me feel like i was the most important person in their day. i didn’t have to do anything. they arranged every step for me. it was amazing. yesterday they gave a shipping and insurance quote...and i won’t lie...it was high. i was a little worried about footing the bill considering the writers strike and all. anyway...this morning i get an email for them offering to front the bill for shipping. they just take the cost off the top of my sale. no interest, nothing. i would have put it on my visa and accumulated 3months interest....but now i don’t have to!

i feel like the gods are smiling on me.....on this aspect of my life anyway. there is another aspect....well......let's talk about that another day ;)

:)

No comments: