Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

bluesy monday...

i get to my semi usual coffee shop today..prado. it's about 2pm....the time gets later and later everyday.

i step out of my car in front...

there's a guy dressed in hippy robe with a white beard playing tambourine and selling canvas with colourful paint on them...he probably calls it art. i call it something else...beginning with an S___

a youngish funky looking black guy is sitting on the patio playing basic blues rifts on a steel guitar...stomping his foot on the case...adding the accessional harmonica to the mix.

I walk inside...they're playing bob dyan....like a rolling stone....

I hear the mix of it all....This is all so surreal i think to myself...so commercial drive. i wonder if i can have a blues even here?? there's a wood floor! hmmmm

speaking of blues....

tonight is blues dancing at the yale. I'm trying my best to get people out...but they're resistant. I'm taking the class as a lead! Oh boy...could be interesting. I've never really lead before.

I would like to start a monthly blues event in vancouver...there are challenges to this of course. Its not a money maker for a bar bc dancers just don't drink much. I need to find a venue that we can have a friday event....licensed would be nice. needs to have a half decent wood floor.

If anyone has any ideas...please let me know!

:)

No comments: