Search This Blog

Friday, June 09, 2006

f____ing thank you...

i suppose some days are meant to be un eventful. life is just like that. but why when going about our daily routines ...why not in the mean time...while we are waiting for events to happen...why then can’t people be polite, courteous and friendly ....hey maybe say how are things?

people in vancouver are generally unfriendly. it’s a peeve of mine these days. the thing that kills me is.... vancouverites THINK they are friendly...not sure where that come from...maybe they use to be? who knows.

i don’t know what the rest of this country is like, i can’t really remember....but when i was in paris people always said good day when i came in their shop. they always said pardon madam when they passed me in the street, your welcome when you said thank you ...good bye when you left somewhere. (in french of course..but i don't know how to spell the french words!) anyway...you would see people chatting with the local butcher. i had a few people chatted with me in french...even though they knew i could really understand...but it was just their way. i tried my best to respond and nod my head...so they knew they weren't talking to thin air.

today i ordered some meats from my local deli. i had to ask the girl if she had heard me...b/c she didn’t acknowledge that i had said anything....then when i got my meat i said thank you...she said nothing. ok...is your welcome too much to ask? i wanted to say to her......HEY...I F@#%ING SAID....F@#*ING THANK YOU!!!...ok... maybe that wouldn’t go over so well.....

so what can you do? nothing i guess...what can you do? accept it? move? i don't know....

:)

No comments: