Search This Blog

Friday, June 16, 2006

a rose for a rose....



flowers arrived for me today. a beautiful pink rose with a lovely fragrance. every year they come.... from mum and dad. they never forget.

why?...b/c they are my parents and they care.

earlier today i was thinking about what i might be doing right now if tessah was here....getting ready for an 8 year olds birthday party, maybe.

then that started me thinking about this quote from a book i read recently....the 5 people you meet in heaven....

“sacrifice is a part of life. it’s suppose to be. it’s not something to regret. it’s something to aspire to. little sacrifices. big sacrifices. sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. you’re just passing it in to someone else.”

and then something popped into my head that i had never considered before. it made me feel.... i don’t know....ok i guess.

i’ve always known that i love and miss tessah but i suppose she probably loves and misses me as well.

because not only does a parent never stop being a parent....no matter what. but a daughter or never stops being a daughter or a son a son. that’s something tessah taught me...among many other things.... in her short life here on earth.

and i‘m thankful for that.

:)

No comments: