Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

time to dust off those paints and pencils...?

something...or i should say....someone made me realise today that i really don’t use my artistic talents as much as i use to.

it’s always been up and down on how much and which ones i practice. i think time or lack of..... absolutely has an effect. i’m hoping that my new reduced hours help with that aspect.

i do get a fair amount of expression out in a physical way through dance. and i need that...it makes me feel alive. at work i get to practice my textile arts.... although not as much these days....and every now and again some millinery.

one thing i don’t do any more though, is my illustration. that’s what i would like to play around with again. i was actually a little hurt at the end of last season when diane needed some illustrations done and even though she has seen my portfolio....granted it was a long time ago....she never mention anything to me about doing them. maybe she didn’t like my work, maybe she just didn’t remember that i do it. i don’t know.

if people don’t see you do something (and you aren't actively doing it)......they aren't going think you do it. you're right....that’s true...
thanks.

:)

No comments: