Search This Blog

Sunday, June 03, 2007

city of roses...

Ok so I'm in Portland.

It basically took us all frigging day to get here on friday.
partially b/c we had to stop to pick up the art I bought last week in Seattle.

I have to say...maybe I'm just becoming super anti social these days....but I always can't wait to get rid of people. I think its just the wrong travelling companions. When I came down here with roger....it was always fine. 

Anyway...danced till almost 3am friday night. saturday i did a little shopping downtown. high tailed it out when I started to notice lawn chairs lining the streets. I guess its the rose festival weekend and a parade was about to happen.

After that I went to see what workshops were happening at the chelsea ballroom...where I weekend is being held.

did a few classes...including a hip hop class which nearly killed me....but OMG it was fun!! Its like shaking the whiteness out of you!think I might be hooked to a new dance!! 

After that I needed a well deserved break...so it was over to my favourite Portland restaurant taqueria nueve.

later after doing much dancing a bunch of us went to a cool place my friend doug had recommended under the morrison bridge called montages. then back for more dancing till 4am.

my body hurts....

today i drive back on my own the women i came down with wanted to go back early...which sucks slightly..it's a bit of a drive. i'm thinking about going through seatte and having dinner...if i'm tired i'll stay over night.

forgot the connection to down load pics....so you'll have to wait on pics.

No comments: